The Limousine industry in New York City has been dominated by black Lincoln Sedans & SUVs today.
The question is that does it really matter if a limousine be black exterior over black interior?
There are operators who believe that black on black is the choice?
Does it matter if limousines not only have a black exterior but MUST have a black colored interior as well?
I disagree that a limousine must be black on black. I started my limousine with black, navy blue, white stretch limousines and burgundy colored vehicles.
Throughout the years of my Limousine experience, some clients have made specific color requests and we honored such requests. However, clients who never had any color requests for a limousine, just simply required quality service.
I have been a native of New York since 1980's and growing up in  a family actively involved in for hire industry, I have had exposure to industry at childhood.
I can say that even in the 1980's, there were  corporate sedans, ranging from black, navy blue, burgundy, silver, two tone (silver/blue). Stretch Limousines were commonly found in blue, black, white and two tones. However, for the most part- the stretch limousines dominated with white and black.
Most companies in New York City own and operate black on black colored limousines. However, there is an operator-Farrells Limousine which still owns and operates a beautiful fleet of dark navy blue Cadillacs, Town Cars, SUVs. These are blue colored exterior with saddle tan colored interiors.
I began my service after being inspired by their top notch service. Every time I have spotted this companies limousines- they look meticulous in and out. I said to myself," I want my service to be like that".
In matter of fact, I purchased a dark Blue Town Car-which I really loved. I still love dark blue Sedans and Limousines.
I have owned white limousines, burgundy and blue, silver sedans as well as black colored limousines.
However, it has been my experience, most of our clients are not worried about color, but rather prefer meticulous limousines and are operated by experienced chauffeurs-NOT mediocre or newbees.

Later somewhere after 1999, it seems as the black color began to dominate the limousine industry. Today, I  have encountered operators who only know the term "black on black". Some operators only define luxury and limousine by the term "black on black". I have heard about some brokers within our industry who have been fixated on black on black- that could not cover their trip-having client stranded out in rain-because a black ON black vehicle was inaccessible. It is upsurd about being color specific.

Limousine service should not be driven by colors-but they should be driven by meticulous & quality service. Two companies in New York City own and operate colors other than black: Farrells Limousine and Abt Limousine. Farrells Limousine has been operating a dark navy blue extrior on tan/gray interior fleet, whereas Abt Limousine has been operating a burgundy exterior on tan/gray interiorfleet of vehicles. They have demonstrated excellent service and built a reputation without being fixated on the term "Black ON Black".
I would love to see dark navy blue Lincoln MKT's and dark Navy Blue Escalades, navy blue Cadillac XTSs.
Rick Goondall
CSL Transportation

Post a Comment

 
Top