I have known Gary from The London Cab Company since I started putting the London taxi restoration project. I am happy to have known Gary from the London Cab Company because he has helped me a lot, and we have worked together strategically in corporate travel marketing campaigns.

We have had a few beers as Gary visited New York, and I suggested him in his need for decommissioned New York City taxis.

On September 2013, I was contacted by a film agency which was interested in filming a London Cab to recreate a London scene in New York. While I did not have any specific details about the ad, except the filming people requested to have the London cab. So I contacted Gary, asking him if he would give permission for me to make replica tags, replica medallion, replica ID's and a sign on the doors �The London Cab Company�. After getting this permission, I got to work. Gary from the London Cab Company sent me images, measurements and instructions to make a replica of London taxi.
?
CSL Transportation replicates Gary's London Cab for film recreating a scene in UK.
Replica Public Carriage Office medallion and Tags for film in New York 
The great thing is that these are real tag and license numbers and are not some fake numbers.

My buddy Al at the Taxi Depot made the medallion, and tags. The printing people printed and laminated the ID's, tax disc, while Signazon printing crew made London cab Company magnetic signs.

New York Taxi & Limousine Commission For hire permit taped out with black tape
London taxi Disc and Drivers License as issued by the PCO- film in New York
I did have to request high resolution file from Gary and I personally drove out to Signazon's facility to pickup the signs to ensure that on Sunday 9/22/2013 we were 100% prepared. I am glad that I made such great emphasis on rush orders because we were instructed to report at 13 Doyers Street, New York, NY by 06:30A.M.
London cab Company magnetic signs on doors-replica of the Real London Cab Company for NY film
So we placed our New York State tags in front and rear window and reported to set location.

Milton, (driver of the London cab), told me that Kevin Bacon was spotted with directors and film crew and he was to be in this advertisement. Wow- this made me even more happy about my passionate efforts in preparing this car for film with extra attention to details.
Chauffeur Milton standing front of 13 Doyers St, New York, NY-film area
The next day, Michael Begasse wrote in an email � Thank you Rick, the cab was perfect, the footage is on it's way to London, where it will be edited for Broadcast.�

I am excited that as a friend and business partner, I got to provide the film people the London Cab, and got my buddy Gary The London Cab Company some spotlight on advertisement. I hope to see this ad soon.

To learn more about our Chauffeured London Cabs for weddings, films and or any special events please visit us at www.limousine-rental.net

Post a Comment

 
Top